Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Health Affirmations for 2019

On my crunchy journey I have discovered that a big issue I have is mindset. While I was anxiously going to doctors seeking a diagnosis I was convinced every pain was cancer and that I was going to die before 35. Once I got a diagnosis a lot of that anxiety went away, but there are still scary moments and anxieties, like when a new pain crops up, or lingers longer than it has before. Yet, while I want to track my symptoms, when I focus too much on my pain it feels much worse. On the other hand, when I decide that I am going to be healthy and happy I feel better, even if the baseline pain is essentially the same. Changing your frame of mind can make such a difference in your health! I am now working on making a habit of positive visualization.

Sometimes I repeat one image or mantra over and over again using mala beads or a rosary to help me keep track. Other times I read through a list or affirmations written out on index cards. Still other times I will listen to a guided imagery or meditation. Whatever method(s) you choose, I hope you will make time to for focused healing thoughts. Here are some general healthy affirmations to get you started.
  • My body is able to heal itself
  • My body knows how to work properly
  • I eat foods that nourish my body
  • I am able to move my body in ways that strengthen it
  • My body can do whatever I ask of it given the right tools
  • My body knows when to rest and digest
  • My immune system knows how to attack infections
  • My immune system knows not to attack myself
  • My body is whole and nourished
  • I sleep well and my body is restored each night
  • My muscles are strong and supple
  • My joints are able to move freely but safely
  • My liver and kidneys are able to cleanse my body
  • My digestive system can absorb all the nutrients my body needs
  • My lungs are clear and I can breathe easily
  • My heart is strong and efficient
  • My nervous system is clear and functions smoothly
  • I know my body is able to heal whatever illness I struggle with
  • My biome is healthy and in balance with friendly microbes who support my well-being
  • My emotions are balanced and healthy
  • I am not afraid of my emotions, nor am I controlled by them
  • My whole body, mind, emotions, environment and soul are healthy and work together for my well-being
For more information on how mindset can help heal and maintain wellness, check out these books.
Mind Over Medicine by Dr. Lissa Rankin

Self-Healing with Guided Imagery by Dr. Andrew Weil

No comments:

Post a Comment